Do you want to become part of 'data uncollected''s "Staying Unmuted" dialogue series?
A few weeks back, I opened my newsletter to create space for community dialogues that will allow us to celebrate and learn different perspectives around data + social equity. I call that series of conversations “𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑼𝒏𝒎𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒅”.
I have done a few interviews so far (all of those will show up in the newsletter sometime in the coming months). It has been a lot of fun! In this post, I want to share what this process looks like, should you be interested:
● You don’t have to be a regular user of LinkedIn. You can also nominate someone who is not on LinkedIn at all. The newsletter is Linked-based. Either way, I will make sure the love reaches the interviewee.
● Once I have the name and email in theinterest form, I will reach out to set up a 20-min initial call. In these minutes, we will answer each other’s questions and decide a few things. Like:
- Do you want to highlight a specific project/engagement or answer some guided questions about your work?
- Would you prefer the zoom interview recording to be shared as-is or in a written article format for the newsletter?
- Date for the actual interview when we meet for 30-mins
● From there, should you be interested in the questions (as opposed to a screen share/verbal walkthrough of your project), I will send them your way before the interview.
● We converse as planned on the day of the interview. I will use it to write and publish it on one of the future dates.
● Once the interview is shared with the newsletter community, as a token of gratitude, I will gladly introduce you to all those who engage with the post (if that’s helpful and interests you).
The outcome intended from this Staying Unmuted dialogue is highlighting your story (about data, equity, and inclusion) in your words, with your comfort, so it can lead to meaningful conversations that benefit both the (newsletter) community and you.